Monday, December 22, 2014

12/22 - Washing Clothes By Hand

Just a side note...here in Honduras they celebrate Christmas on
the 24th not the 25th. 

The pictures that I uploaded were of me and my companion washing our
clothes by hand. Yes I know, I had to wash my clothes by hand. Well, I
got to say it’s not all that bad. IN my area I am now there isn’t a
member nearby that has a washing machine.

Also if you notice the subject line: Una Carta para voz. A little
known fact, or at least I didn’t know it until I came here to Honduras,
is that there is actually three forms of "you". Usted, tú, and voz.
Voz is used a lot more commonly in Honduras and is used only with
family and really close friends.  So that is pretty interesting and
also they pronounce it like "vo".

In the mission field areas are divided into missions, then zones, then
districts, then areas. And the ward that you attend is usually the
name of the area and the name of the stake is the name of the zone. So
I live in Bendeck 2 and my ward name is Bendeck and my Zone is El
Progreso Sur, and the name of the stake is El Progreso.

 con Love siempre,
-Elder Keller

P.S. Jesus Christ in Spanish is Jesucristo. it’s one word and is kind of
weird, buts that how they spell it here.







No comments:

Post a Comment