Monday, September 8, 2014

9/8/2014 La Ceiba, Honduras - Math, Dodgeball & Iguanas

This past Sunday was my first fast Sunday in the field. I started right after lunch on Saturday and I fasted until lunch on Sunday. I was able to endure to the end and all is good. I don't know if it is just me or not but it seems that whatever food I eat after fasting is always 10x better. For lunch a member made Chinese for us. So that tasted a lot different than I was accustomed to the last several weeks. But it was really good, and she made a lot of it, so we were able to stuff ourselves full.

Every Sunday so far we are able to bring at least one investigator to church. This week we hoped a family, the Herandez family, that we have been teaching would come. Sacrament meeting already started and everyone was singing the opening hymn, and I look at Elder Itza and was like, where is everyone? Then the Herandez family came around the corner and we leapt for joy! The other night with this same family, I attempted to help their son with his math homework. But the thing is I dont know the vocabulary for this situtation and his math book was all in English! That was good for me but through a painful 15 minutes of broken Spanish and much paper, I think I helped him...I am still not sure. But todo bien, Elder Itza showed them a few karate moves because the son is also taking some karate classes. So I now know some moves, cuidado Honduras, cuidado!

So when Elder Itza and I are contacting one of four things happen:
1. They listen to us and accept a folleto
2. They answer the door and tell us to come back another dia
3. They answer the door but they send one of their children to talk to us
4. they ignore us or we see the door slowly close

Actually this one time we were going to pay a surprise visit to an investigator who has been kinda dodging us lately. We were about 30 or so feet from her house when we saw another investigator, across the street, and we said hi. And when we came to her house, all I saw was a rocking chair moving rapidly. My companion said he saw her ( since he was a little ahead of me) bolt into her house. I thought that was more funny than anything. Of course I was disappointed but I still chuckle a bit when I think about that.

For the most part our area is going strong. Considering we are opening a brand new area, we are making a lot of headway. We have a lot of investigators and some that are on the brink of baptism.

One last thing is that you have got to watch out for the Iguanas here. We have one that keeps getting in our apartment. We taped this big hole up, but it keeps breaking through, it's crazy. So we stuck some rocks in the hole taped it up more, we will see what happens know. 

I love you all and always remember who you are and Choose The Right.


-Elder Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment