Wednesday, October 1, 2014

9/29/14 - Real Popcorn and Super Contacting

This week was filled with a lot of activities. My ward (Miramar) put on some mission activities. One that we did was a movie night. I had no idea what movie it was before hand so when I talked to my investigators about it, I told them that it was going to be like Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks or something of that sort. When the movie night rolled around it turned out to be a movie called Courageous. I have seen it before, actually in Camp Helaman. It’s like a Christian neutral film with a great message. A good amount of investigators showed up for that, and also they provided a bag of popcorn and a glass of punch. The popcorn was freshly popped, so it was the real stuff. It was pretty good, but at the same time a portion of it was burnt and another portion of it half popped. But who am I to complain when I am having POPCORN in Honduras. Probably one of the only chances I will have.

The other activity was a cultural night. Imagine pioneer day in the church, but for Honduras. So a lot of people were dressed up in authentic dresses and brought all different kinds of food. They even had a real band playing authentic Honduran music. The entire stake participated and there was a lot, a lot, a lot of people there all stuffed in not such a big room. All in all, we had a blast.







Another activity we did, this time as an entire Zone, was a super contacting. The entire Zone focuses only on one district and we all go around contacting. We ran into quite a few people and taught some great lessons with people. You really have to trust the Spirit when you are contacting because the Spirit knows what we don't know. And after several hours of straight up contacting you definitely develop a stronger relationship and sensitivity to the Holy Ghost. Moroni 10:5.

I feel like my Spanish has been significantly improving. Considering that my investigators can actually, for the most part, understand me. And I can understand about 85% of their words. Lately we have been having a lot of progress with our investigators and Elder Itza and I have been pumped about that.


-Elder Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment