Monday, October 6, 2014

10/6/14 - General Conference!

Another interesting week in Honduras. For a matter of fact, my companion just received his plane tickets for the 30th of October. So that is really exciting.

This past weekend, as all of you (mormones) know was General Conference. Luckily enough the Church building that I regularly attend is a stake center. And as far as I know only stake centers offer it in English as well. That was really cool, having 30 gringos all crammed into the high council room. But when there were speakers that spoke in their native tongue of Spanish, we would quickly change it to the Spanish channel and listen to the speaker without the translator. For the most part I understood the speakers. I mean I kind of knew the general idea, topic, of their talk. I would've thought that more people would show up at the church building to watch General Conference, but a lot of people here have computers and they would just watch/listen it on that.

I think that the new change in General Conference is one of the best decisions they have made. Now even more speakers can talk and not worry if they will be understood or worry about learning a ton of English. And even here it was awesome for the people to listen to speakers without translators. To actually here the person's actual voice is a whole lot better. I love how the Church is true. With every single decision, I know that it is from divine revelation, Revelation from God. He directs the Church through the prophet and apostles. 

Remember: Pray always, read the scriptures, and go to church!


-Elder Keller







No comments:

Post a Comment